Earlier today the crack team over at VMware Labs released a new Fling or app. The Labs team creates these pet projects and releases them to the community to offer creative solutions for admins to use.
VMware Labs presents PyvCO – Python bindings for VMware Orchestrator.
This module helps in integration of vCO in a Python environment as well as a useful testing environment. Some of the uses are:
- Communicate with vSphere 4.1 vCO using SOAP interface.
- Provide a consistent API for synchronous and asynchronous applications (Twisted is supported)
- Create, delete a file or a directory in guest
- Write tests targeting vCO.
- Provide enough information to extend vmw.vco in such a way that above use cases remain consistent.
Be one of the first one to try, rate and comment – http://labs.vmware.com/flings/pyvco
About Brian Suhr
Brian is a VCDX5-DCV and a Sr. Tech Marketing Engineer at Nutanix and owner of this website. He is active in the VMware community and helps lead the Chicago VMUG group. Specializing in VDI and Cloud project designs. Awarded VMware vExpert status 6 years for 2016 - 2011. VCP3, VCP5, VCP5-Iaas, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-DTD, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCA-DT, VCP5-DT, Cisco UCS Design