VMware announces the creation of VMware Press
I was sent a note from one on the PR people over at pearson about the newly created VMware Press offering. I’ve attached the PR write up about the new line of publications. This is something that I expected to happen a while back but it has finally arrived. VMware has already started to partner with some great talent the from VMware community to get the first few books published. I look forward to see what other interesting media is created through is venue.
Pearson and VMware Announce the Creation of VMware Press
New Publishing Alliance to Provide Virtualization Learning and Certification Resources from VMware
Indianapolis, IN – May 19, 2011 – Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, and VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced VMware Press, a newly created technical imprint that will serve as VMware’s official publishing entity. The newly formed press will provide a suite of virtualization technology and certification products in multiple languages and formats.
· The newly formed press will focus on three types of content:
o Technical books, ebooks and videos that concentrate on specific applications of virtualization.
o Decision Maker books, ebooks and videos that focus on the business aspects of virtualization.
o Official certification materials that support VMware’s complete certification program.
· The majority of the new products will target VMware technology, primarily VMware vSphere®, VMware View™, VMware vCenter™ and VMware vCloud®, which comprise the basic platform for all of VMware’s products and services.
· Expert authorities, IT professionals, and subject matter experts from VMware will author official VMware Press titles.
· Working in conjunction with VMware, Pearson plans to leverage the user group community programs and social channels to further engage the VMware community and offer exclusive promotions and access to the certification and technology products endorsed by VMware.
· Visit http://www.vmware.com/go/vmwarepress for a complete product listing of relevant materials for IT professionals.
“Pearson stands for accessible, engaging learning, and we look forward to working with VMware to create materials that help IT professionals master innovative technologies and prepare for career-building certifications,” said David Dusthimer, Associate Publisher for Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification and the new VMware Press. “Through this partnership, we will work hard to make VMware Press synonymous with exceptional VMware learning.”
“Many qualified subject matter experts from our engineering and technical communities are already reputable authors,” said Andrea Eubanks de Jounge, Senior Director at VMware, “and the time is right for VMware, through our alliance with Pearson, to establish a publishing entity as an official source of books and certification preparatory materials.”
About Brian Suhr
Brian is a VCDX5-DCV and a Sr. Tech Marketing Engineer at Nutanix and owner of this website. He is active in the VMware community and helps lead the Chicago VMUG group. Specializing in VDI and Cloud project designs. Awarded VMware vExpert status 6 years for 2016 - 2011. VCP3, VCP5, VCP5-Iaas, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-DTD, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCA-DT, VCP5-DT, Cisco UCS Design