VMware View 4.5 announced at VMworld 2010
Now that things have slowed a bit at VMworld 2010 for news, I have some time to put together a post about VMware View 4.5. The soon to be released View 4.5 has a bunch of new features and I probably cannot do it justice yet, but will continue to post as I learn more about the product.
There are two versions of View 4.5 available now with features that I will list below. There is an Premier license that includes the full Suite of VMware VDI related products and the Enterprise edition with covers the base View VDI install.
So what does VMware promise that View 4.5 can delivery on? It now offers Windows 7 support which can increase speed and reduce the cost and complexity of migrating to Windows 7. Some other important benefits are Simplified Desktop Management and Application Management via VMware ThinApp.
What is included with VMware View 4.5
- VMware vSphere for Desktops – #1 Virtualization hypervizor
- VMware View Manager – Central Management for Desktops
- VMware ThinApp – Agentless Application Virtualization solution
- VMware Composer – Create Desktop images and linked clones
- VMware vCenter Server for Desktops – Management for vSphere Server
- VMware View Client – Allows access to desktops in Datacenter now with Local mode for offline use
- VMware vShield Endpoint – Enables offload and centralization of AntiVirus & Malware scanning
About Brian Suhr
Brian is a VCDX5-DCV and a Sr. Tech Marketing Engineer at Nutanix and owner of this website. He is active in the VMware community and helps lead the Chicago VMUG group. Specializing in VDI and Cloud project designs. Awarded VMware vExpert status 6 years for 2016 - 2011. VCP3, VCP5, VCP5-Iaas, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-DTD, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCA-DT, VCP5-DT, Cisco UCS Design