Updated version of VMware Guest Console (VGC) has arrived
The VGC is probably my personal favorite from VMware Labs so far. It is a simple but powerful utility with some cool features you don’t get with the standard vSphere client. I wrote about VMware guest console in the past covering its basic features that you can read here. Listed below are the latest features to be added or updated to this little Gem. You can have a look at VMware labs and download VGC for yourself here.
- Performance & Scalability –
- VM retrieval is enhanced to discover VMs in much lesser time.
- VGC can manage up to 315 Powered On VMs on all connected servers. Number of VMs retrieved from a server will be limited once this limit is reached.
- Support for 64 bit Windows has been added.
- Remote Console feature has been extended to work with VMs hosted on vCenter.
- Workspace files created with this version of VGC will be encrypted. However, workspace files created using earlier versions are not compatible with this release.
- VM Templates are differentiated from regular VMs.
- Workspace files can now be loaded in VGC by double clicking the .vgc files.
About Brian Suhr
Brian is a VCDX5-DCV and a Sr. Tech Marketing Engineer at Nutanix and owner of this website. He is active in the VMware community and helps lead the Chicago VMUG group. Specializing in VDI and Cloud project designs. Awarded VMware vExpert status 6 years for 2016 - 2011. VCP3, VCP5, VCP5-Iaas, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-DTD, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCA-DT, VCP5-DT, Cisco UCS Design