RV Tools 2.9 has been released
I have written about RV Tools in the past and what a great free tool Rob has created. He has recently updates to version 2.9 with some new features. I recommend that you have a look and I know it’s a staple in my toolkit. Here are some of the updates in this new version. You can download the tool from Rob’s site here.
- On vHost tab new fields: Vendor and model.
- On vHost tab new fields: Bios version and Bios release date.
- On vInfo tab new field: VM overall size in bytes (visible when using VI API 4.0)
- On vSnapshot tab new fields: Snapshot filename and size in bytes (visible when using VI API 4.0)
- New vNic tab. The vNic tab displays for each physival nic on the host the following fields: Host, datacenter, cluster name, network device, driver, speed, duplex setting, mac address, PCI and wakeon switch.
- Layout change on vHost, vSwitch and vPort tabpages. They now all start with host name, datacenter and cluster name.
- The commandline function ExportAll extended with an extra optional parameter. It’s now possible to specify the directory where the export files are written.
About Brian Suhr
Brian is a VCDX5-DCV and a Sr. Tech Marketing Engineer at Nutanix and owner of this website. He is active in the VMware community and helps lead the Chicago VMUG group. Specializing in VDI and Cloud project designs. Awarded VMware vExpert status 6 years for 2016 - 2011. VCP3, VCP5, VCP5-Iaas, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-DTD, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCA-DT, VCP5-DT, Cisco UCS Design